How to catch Bardi Grubs
- Find the right Tree (commonly lone eucalyptus trees or Casuarina pauper on sand hills)
- Chip away the first few inches of soil around a tree until you find bardi grub holes 1-2cm wide.
- Flick the Bardi Grub hole - If there is a hollow sound, there is no grub home - If there is a dull thud, there could be a grub home.
- Insert bardi grub wire until it reaches the grub
- Tighten the wire gently and pull the grub from the hole
- Cover up any bare ground around the tree that you have chipped away in the process.
Store your bardi grubs in a low temperate in singular packets - a cellar or wine cooler is ideal temperate that imitates the ground they live in. They can live in this dormant state for 3 months +
WHAT YOU NEED TO CATCH BARDI GRUBS